Monday, May 19, 2014

Throw Away Your Magnifying Glass, It's Lying to You



In this world where we are encouraged to compare, to nit pick our imperfections and to feel inferior, it is easy to use a magnifying glass on ourselves and compare it to the small snap shots and keyhole peeks that we get of others.  We forget that when someone shares an amazing thing they did on Facebook or Instagram and esp. on their blog that this is only one small part of their life and who they really are as a person and that more than likely those picture perfect posts and photographs are perfectly staged and manipulated to show only the perfections while just beyond the cameras view or just outside of what was actually shared there lies a mess, a big mess, of one kind or another.


God may know us so intimately that He knows our every evil thought and sin but He has a perfect and eternal perspective that puts those things in their proper place, as part of the far more important whole of how you will learn and grow and become the amazing person that you already are in so many ways and will become fully if you allow them to be stepping stones instead of stumbling blocks.



Because we have a much more limited perspective we need to throw away our magnifying glass and focus only on the big picture.

Here are my guidelines for determining if I'm on the path to the person I want to be and see myself as:

Do people know that I care about them because I am generally loving and kind?
Am I usually doing the best I know how in the moment?
Am I always striving to know, do and be better?
Do I apologize when I know that I was in the wrong or hurt someone no matter how it happened?

If you are doing those four things then you aren't just doing okay, you are doing AWESOME and the details will take care of themselves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awesome!!! I've been working on throwing mine away for years! lol